Saturday, November 22, 2008

So we spent Friday night out at my sister-in laws house helping her finish getting everything ready for my brother to get home today. We just hung out and the kids got to play all night. The kids all made posters to take to the base and hold them. It was so cute. We had a great time.

It was so neat to be able to go to the base and welcome my brother home and all the other people from his unit. There was a group of motorcycle riders that were there and lined up all holding flags for the soldiers to walk through as they got off the military jet. It was so neat seeing all the little kids holding posters and wearing t-shirts with their soldiers picture on it and everyone waving flags. It was just the neatest picture to see I wish everyone would've been there to see this.

The boy scouts also had lined the street with flags all the way to Matt and Sara's house with the flags ending at their house with several flags lining the front yard and the side of the house. It looked so neat I started crying it absolutely took your breathe away. There were yellow bows on every tree following all the flags. It was the neatest thing to see.

I want all of my brothers to know how proud I am of them for their service to our country. We are so proud of you and we are so thankful to have our Uncle Matty home safely. Enjoy the pictures from today...

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Now I'M crying!I am so happy for you that he's back. The pics on the side are really sweet.

{Lindsey} said...

So happy the know that he is back home safe with his girls! and just in time for the holidays...couldn't have been any better!!
Loved looking at all the homecoming pictures, they are absolutely priceless!!

Randi said...

I feel like such a boob... I had a few tears in my eyes. I love Matt so much and I am so thankful for him...

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

We are so proud of them too! and we are so thankful for their service and sacrifice and the sacrifices of their families... These are noble people, and we cherish our freedoms and safety they provide for us. Love you guys. Thanks for posting this!
Love your Christmas card too, too cute!

Hooper's said...

It's been fun reading your blog. I'm happy to see Matt's return. We have a blog. hoopertroopers.blogspot.com
Genneal